|View printer-friendly version|
Wright Express Announces TelaPoint’s SmartBuy 4.0, First Online Solution for Fuel Suppliers to Combine Supply Management, Logistics Software
Upgraded tool compares fuel prices, tracks allocations to save money, time
"Our customers told us they wanted a tool that would satisfy both their fuel supply management and logistics needs, and one that creates a bridge between the two functions within their businesses," said Greg D. Iverson, general manager of TelaPoint. "As part of our continued commitment to fuel suppliers, we invested significant resources building SmartBuy 4.0 to fulfill these needs, and to increase customers' fuel management efficiencies and cost savings."
SmartBuy 4.0 offers a variety of benefits:
- Real-time allocation management ensures "rateability", or keeps track of the allocation of orders as they are placed and resourced or cancelled.
- Dynamic sourcing allows users to see all open orders along with rerouting options for quickly taking advantage of opportunities such as day deal trades, which the tool can facilitate.
- Google Maps integration helps users determine the laid-in cost, or the sum of the product and transportation cost, and subsequent best fuel prices for each order by using a delivery truck's last known location. It also incorporates travel costs between terminals when split loading, or loading truck and trailer combinations to their maximum capacity.
- Exception tracking compares planned vs. actual orders, so if an order does not occur as expected, users can see why and how much it cost them, which can be used to trend costs (and improvement) over time.
- SmartBuy 4.0 accepts price feeds from all data sources, allowing users to manage and compare various price types from a single platform.
TelaPoint, a product division of
Jessica Roy, 207-523-6763